Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What to do with Turkey left overs??

My girls are very bored with the Turkey left overs....Hmmmm,what to do? Well,if you're like me....I over did it with the 18 pounder!! So, I have over 10 lbs off this bird left and we've been eating it everyday since Saturday....BoooOoRing. I decided to bag up small portions of turkey by having one bag all dark meat, a second bag of mixed meat and so on...I tossed em into the freeze.

Hanna says,"Mommy, I'm HuuUuNgry"
For Lunch today I decided to use the Turkey in place of chicken.I made:

Potatoes on a Prayer...(Translation from Arabic to English) 30 mins.
This is a dish my mother made with chicken/turkey for me and my 5 siblings growing up. She was single mom raising 5 kids....nothing went to waste in our house.This is dish is one of my favorites!

I placed a large pot on the stove top and filled it 1/2 full of water I added 1 TBSP chicken base to it, bring to a boil. Then, reduce to Med-High heat, cut up 1 Turkey Breast ( or 2 Chicken Breasts....however,we are working with left overs.)a little salt, black pepper, cumin, curry, of course ACCENT....my fav.. add to the pot.
Peel and medium dice 2 large potatoes then deep fry them.Drain the grease from the potatoes ( I line a plate with paper towel to soak up all the excess grease.)Add the potatoes to the Pot.
Wash,peel and chop (small slices) 1 chive (you may use any type of onion u have laying around...if you are using a small onion only use 1/4 of it and just dice it up.)..this happens to be what I have laying around. Add to the pot.
Take a small saute pan on HIGH and add some olive oil to it,let the oil heat up in the pan then add 2-3 smashed cloves of garlic to it. Just flash fry the garlic cloves....just enough to bring out the flavor, DON'T BURN EM! (you'll know they are ready once you smell the garlic...yum!)takes just a few seconds if the pan is hot. Pour the garlic and oil right over the pot with everything else.let it simmer for a few seconds.
Finally, grab a plate put some rice in it and pour a couple of scoops of the Turkey and Potatoes on top then sprinkle chopped parsley on top and a squeeze of lemon. There you have it..."Potatoes on a Prayer"

I hope you enjoy this dish as much as me and my girls!

If you would have a questions...just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive